Author Topic: Where does YouWave store d/led Blackmart apps?  (Read 5896 times)

pezastic

• View Profile
Where does YouWave store d/led Blackmart apps?
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:37:06 PM »
I've searched my pc with FileLocator Pro, but can't find any .apk files that I downloaded through that app. I'm able to install them to YouWave, but I'd like to copy them to my Android devices. Please, can someone tell me where they are?

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Where does YouWave store d/led Blackmart apps?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 10:54:42 PM »
If you have downloaded apps to the hard drive of your PC and installed them, the apps should be right there in the hard drive.

If you downloaded app through YouWave's Android side, the apk files are inside the file <user>/.Virtualbox/Harddisks/youwave_vm01.vdi. Save a copy of this file because all your data and apk files are there. There is a third party application Winmount that can copy files out of this file. Alternatively, you can install Dropbox app and copy files out to your Dropbox folder.
Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0

pezastic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 02:52:48 AM »
Now I see the d/led apps located within YouWave at /data/app. Is that on my PC somewhere? (Maybe I need a better search program.)

Update: I tried using Copernic Desktop Search, using one of the app's names, and it didn't find it, either. Where are those apps stored?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:27:45 PM by pezastic »

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 11:14:43 PM »
These apps are embedded inside the file youwave_vm01.vdi. That's why your search program cannot find it.

You have to use those alternative ways to get the files.

A little announcement, we will support file transferring between Android and your hard drive very soon.
Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0

pezastic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 09:19:16 PM »
Thank you for explaining that. I take it that there is no way to extract them from that file, right? I'll just have to wait until the update.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »
We recommend you save a copy of your file youwave_vm01.vdi.

JamieCopeland

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »
I've searched my pc with FileLocator Pro, but can't find any .apk files that I downloaded through that app. I'm able to install led light to YouWave, but I'd like to copy them to my Android devices. Please, can someone tell me where they are?

hello friend sorry for old thread reply but were you able to find them? I am facing similar problem so please help..
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:42:17 AM by JamieCopeland »

liquidharem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 11:15:22 AM »
Hey,

Haven't done it yet, but I am sure there would be ways to do it by exporting the file from within winmount.

Just download winmount from their website. Then open the vdi file with winmount. Search the directories for the apk files, and then export them.