Author Topic: Error launching apps: "Android OS not ready. Please wait a few seconds before "  (Read 42196 times)

crossbow42

• View Profile
The full error message is "Android OS not ready.  Please wait a seconds before retrying."

I'm on an ASUS netbook (that _does_ meet the minimum requirements) running Win7 Starter, 1.00 GB Ram, 1.66 MHZ processor.

Now, it's my kid's netbook, and I'm trying to get it to run Angry Birds (so I can have my Android phone back).  I have an administrator account, which I used to install YouWave, and which seems to mostly work.  When I log into my kid's account, YouWave will start, and display the apps that I expect (which I've copied into her YouWave/android apps directory.  However, the right pane does not redraw itself and display the green android robot like it does when I log in as administrator.  Also, when I double-click an app, I get the above error message.  I believe the permissions on her directories are correct; the logfile gets updated every time I launch it. 

Last time, Windows said it was not responding, but was able to close it.  At that point the log file's contents consisted of:

"Apps directory is C:\Users\<kid's acct name>\youwave\android apps\
app_filename: e6f2ac94-5b7e-102e-be19-6ec07c99d928.apk, act_name: ru.aeradeve.games.clumpsbubbles/ru.aeradeve.games.clumpsbubbles.activities.LoadingActivity"

Any thoughts, suggestions, options, or good jokes?

Cheers!

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It is a bug of YouWave. While you were seeing this error, did you see the left browser pane showing the workaround for this bug? This is the workaround page that should be shown:
http://www.youwave.com/php/index.php?number=0&type=0&qa=9998. It gives you steps to resolve this issue.

On another matter, sorry that you may be disappointed. YouWave, at this stage, does not support current apk file of Angry Birds, which contains ARM native code.

Thanks,
YouWave Support Team
Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0

crossbow42

• View Profile
Bummer about Angry Birds!  Is that common in Android apps?  I think my little geeklet will be happy with the jewels one and Bubblet....

I do not recall seeing the workaround (though I didn't look for it there -- how clever would that be?).  I did the workaround in the administrator account, and nothing bad happened.  However, the kid took the computer away before I could finish.  I'll let you know how/if it worked once I convince her to let me work on it again.....

Cheers!

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We estimate that maybe 10% or less of Android apps are like Angry Birds - having ARM native code. Yeah, but Angry Bird is so popular.

Have fun!
YouWave Support Team
Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0

ballardio

• View Profile
I've only just read this post and as it was an issue I experienced a couple of days ago when I first installed "Youwave" I thought I'd add this as although a few months old, there's no evidence of resolution.

I'd downloaded the zipped version, unzipped and installed. I had the "Android OS not ready" message. After waiting, generally poking about, etc. I uninstalled and downloaded again; then I reinstalled with exactly the same result.

I uninstalled yet again and then downloaded the .exe file instead. It's worked brilliantly since then. I did another uninstall and reinstalled from zip; had the original error. Reverting to installing from .exe produced a good clean install.

A very good program; I look forward to playing with it and its updates.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for letting us know the behavior. The exe and zip files should be same. We think it could be a firewall issue. Your firewall setting seems blocking network connectivity for installation from the zip file.

Glad that it finanally works for you.

gijoenl

• View Profile
Hi there,

I loved your program until yesterday. When I want to start an app like Whatsapp it now says :
"Android OS not ready.  Please wait a seconds before retrying."
and when i try to refresh using the internet connection "Network unavailable. Please try later again".

I tried your work around but that wont help. Maybe reinstalling works, but then my key is out of date...

Please help me!

Regards,
Jo

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When you close YouWave, do you always choose "Save State"? Can you this time close it without save state? Rest be assured, even if you do not save the state, your data will still be preserved.

Close YouWave without saving state - same as shutdown the phone. It is like the "shutdown" function in PC.
Close YouWave and save the state - next time when you start, it brings to where you were. This enables faster restart. It is like the "hibernate" function in PC.

When you close YouWave without saving state (shutdown), next time your Android starts afresh. So you will face less issues.

----------------------------------
P.S., If you are a paid customer and if for whatever reason you need to reinstall the program, contact us by replying the purchase email with the reinstall reason, and we will issue a new key to you.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:09:59 PM by YouWaveAdmin »

fgoodman

• View Profile
running windows xp with sp (current)
YouWave 2.0.

Android OS not ready seems to be the stable state (i.e. it's never ready)

stdout.txt has this message in it:

Error: machine with the given ID not found

Thoughts?

javierm0916

• View Profile
I still have the problem "Android OS not ready.  Please wait a few seconds before retrying" and I tried almost everything I see here. Even trying downloading Android SDK and AVD Manager.
I would love to start using it.
Help

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
First to check, whether you can get onto the internet from the Android. Then check your firewall setting. Then close Android without saving state and restart.

Thanks.

javierm0916

• View Profile
First to check, whether you can get onto the internet from the Android. Then check your firewall setting. Then close Android without saving state and restart.

Thanks.

Recommend Firewall Ports? I didnīt think of that before, how stu....of me.

Thanks

javierm0916

• View Profile
Does anyone know how to set up the ports on the router? still canīt use it.

javierm0916

• View Profile
 ??? ???

Also, I can`t use neither HOME or MENU, is like it doesnīt respond to the command.

Thks

Dirkdroid

• View Profile

"Also, I can`t use neither HOME or MENU, is like it doesnīt respond to the command."

I have exactly the same problem.